Friday, June 19, 2009

It was a Kick!!

Yesterday marked 21 weeks and the 1st time that Jacob was able to feel his little girl kick. That's right last night while laying in bed little Sophia was kicking away and Jacob was able to feel it. Each day I feel more movement than the next but it's usually just during the day while I am at work so last night was special for many reasons. Every time she moves or kicks I giggle. It just cracks me up how active she is and to think that I probably do not feel every movement.

According to Babycenter.com, our baby is about the length of a carrot and weighs about 3/4 of a pound. We went to the Dr's 2 days ago for another weigh in and it seems mom and baby are on target for growth rates. Sophia's heart rate is 160 and I have only gained 10 lbs. I am a little surprised it's 10 lbs already but from what I read that is pretty average. I am still going to the gym, 6 days a week with Jacob. Sometimes I run/walk others I use the elliptical walker. Right now I enjoy light weight training over any cardio however cardio is needed so its 3 days a week for 20 minutes.

Every day has been wonderful and we truly can not wait until we get to see our little girl.

No comments: