Wednesday, April 8, 2009

7 Fears Expectant fathers face

When we found out we had a bun in the oven, Jacob and I signed up on babycenter.com to receive weekly updates on the progression of the pregnancy. Along with weekly updates we receive other emails about pregnancy and how it effects the people involved. Today I received an email about the 7 fears expectant fathers face. Here is the full article: http://www.babycenter.com/0_seven-fears-expectant-fathers-face_8247.bc?page=1

Sometimes people forget that the expectant fathers are effected by pregnancy too. No they don't have morning sickness, excessive gas, heartburn or eating for two cravings but they do have to put up with us women that do. Some argue that putting up with the prego woman is a small sacrifice for not being the one who pushes a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon. However there are days that I don't even like myself. The days where anything can make me cry and I mean anything. Or the days where the only thing I am concerned about it sleeping, I don't care if there are things to do I want to lie in bed. I am very lucky to have Jacob as my partner in this journey we call life. He is absolutely fantastic even when the crazy prego chick takes over my body. We talk about fears but really we know that as long as we are a team, everything is going to be fine. It will be better than fine, it is going to be the best time of our life.

So I say, give guys a break once in awhile. They too (at least the good ones) have fears and need some reassurance once in awhile.

Tomorrow is 11 weeks.....

1 comment:

rel said...

Chipper,
You guys are awesome!
rel