Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Baby Acosta

It's official there will be a baby Acosta arriving this year. I have known for a few weeks but I wanted to wait to blog about it. My best friend Shannon ( 1/3 of the brain see post "Friends") announced she and David are expecting their first child and the estimated due date is December 15th. I was excited just to hear she was prego but more excited when I found out the due date is just 4 days before my b-day. I have already given her the heads up on having a baby so close to Christmas. You have to make sure to ALWAYS buy the child two distinct gifts, one for the b-day and one for the holiday. You don't get to combined gifts just because it's easier. I know from experience that you feel cheated when you get one big Christmas gift and they say "well it's for your b-day too". Birthdays are special days meant for celebration, so Shan always throw the baby a b-day party ( I know u will) and make sure they don't feel overlooked :)

Anyway I am getting off on a tangent, back to Shan being prego. It is hard for me to believe my friend of 14 years is going to be a mom. She will be an amazing mom but still a mom. It's crazy how time flys and all of the sudden you are all grown up. I am so happy for Shan and Dave and I can't wait to meet the new addition. How exciting and I am sure terrifying becoming new parents. I am a little sad that I can't watch all the stages Shannon will go through during the pregnancy and not being there to greet the new one when he/she enters the world but hopefully I will get to meet the little one soon after. The new addition will be the first great-grandchild on Shannon's side and David's mom's 1st grandchild so it will be spoiled and rightly so. I told Shan, think of all the little cute outfits you get to buy ( we love to shop) or the cute little blankets and toys etc.. She no longer will have to make excuses on why to shop ( just teasing). Besides all the clothes, she gets to decorate a whole room and she loves to do that. So along with all the greatness new ones bring you, Shan, you get bonus on doing the things you love to do.

As soon as Shan told me they were expecting, I started to think about throwing her a baby shower. I wasn't really sure how it was going to work out since we do live in different states but it turns out she plans on coming home in July for another event, which makes it perfect for me to plan a shower. The other third of the brain, Carrie, lives close to Shannon but said she wanted to help plan and throw the shower for her back home so we are in the midst of doing that. So many cute ideas when it comes to celebrating babies. I know July is early to have a shower for someone due in December but we have to have it when she is home so that her family and friends can celebrate her and the soon to be baby Acosta.

Shan, I am so privileged to watch you go through another stage of your life and I am very lucky to have you as a friend. So make sure you keep your blog updated so us back home knows what is going on. Congratulations to you and David!!!

No comments: